Trade screen update and experience changes

Maps is just a extremely badly balanced system at the moment.
Maps are easier than getting to them is, and the only thing they are: currency sink.
It's not just the map balance though, I posted quite a few times about access, difficulty and how much time is going to go wasted in trying to get the drops and such balanced. Difficulty still hasn't been addressed (imo), it's still a currency sink and personally, running maps is nowhere near as fun as it used to be (I really couldn't be bothered anymore), partly because of nerfs to a few of the mods that actually made it more fun, and partly because there have been no additions (yes, I am greedy, sorry).
"
I posted quite a few times about access, difficulty

for my marauder chars without end game gear lvl 60-61 maps where really a challenge. after the elemental resistance nerf i never bothered doing maps with my lvl 64, 2k life, blood magic marauder because it's really not worth it.

access to maps shouldn't be easy. consider yourself one of the lucky guys who experienced higher loot drops for a short closed beta testing period. you can't flood a open beta economy with maps because people will hoard them and they will be worthless.

"
and how much time is going to go wasted in trying to get the drops and such balanced

you mean getting the right map properties? it's part of the game although i must say i had the same thoughts when i tried to vendor my legacy tab full of transmutation orbs for jewelers and then fusings one by one yesterday. but i think this limitation is only temporary.
eventually succeeded to get 6 sockets on my kaoms primacy axe after around 300-400 jewelers.
"
Elynole escreveu:
"
muddymushroom escreveu:
If you want to encourage ME to actively seek groups, kill the FFA loot.

^ This.

is wrong. it's timed loot, not ffa.
getting to your items needs skill. and yes, this is not available in the skill tree.
Yeah well, unfortunately I think the map system is backwards, it places economy/metagame before game.

Yes, the elemental resist nerf really can hurt in terms of grinding out acceptable resists, it's painful, can't argue that.
"
cronus escreveu:
"
Elynole escreveu:
"
muddymushroom escreveu:
If you want to encourage ME to actively seek groups, kill the FFA loot.

^ This.

is wrong. it's timed loot, not ffa.
getting to your items needs skill. and yes, this is not available in the skill tree.

I don't care what you call it, I don't like it, and it ABSOLUTELY discourages me from group play. Getting to your items needs skill??? Losing loot once a timer expires means someone lacks skills??? Accidentally clicking on one of the myriad of white or blue items right on top of the rare or unique while someone else doesn't, indicates skill? Since when is that a fun part of the game for anyone other than the one beating everyone else to it? I believe creating a build to beat the mob needs skill ..since when does gobbling up gear past the timer while the rest of the party continues to handle imminent threats in the area equal skill? I believe being able to kill the mob with enough iir/iiq to drop the gear needs skill...getting to my items should be the easy part done after the skills necessary to drop the gear have been used. If not wanting a timed ffa loot system means I lack a certain skill set....FINE...Im ok with that....Ill take my other skill sets in this game and farm instances and maps by myself...it's worked in my favor in the closed beta and the Devs can keep trying other ways to influence me into group play and fail.
---Mothernature---level 61 Witch Dual Sporker
---Nuee_Ardente---level 51 Templar Endurance Marauder
---Primum_Frigidum---level 79 Cold Witch Pulser
Última edição por muddymushroom em 11 de nov de 2012 18:45:19
Leaving party members to deal with monsters to go steal loot designated to them doesnt take skill, and is why I dont party.
thats the only point which is wrong with the loot system. it assignes loot to players by showing their name on the timer who then rightly assume it is theirs and establish kind of ownership even after the timer runs out and the item is ffa.

if the game wouldn't show the name on the item it would be much easier to accept that after a fight against the monsters there is also a competition about the loot.

it's the devs task to encourage players to take the risk of loot ninjas and party up while preventing players to use bot chars.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon escreveu:
if the game wouldn't show the name on the item it would be much easier to accept that after a fight against the monsters there is also a competition about the loot.

it's the devs task to encourage players to take the risk of loot ninjas and party up while preventing players to use bot chars.

Oh, I don't think anyone has any trouble accepting that the current short-timer system is competitive. And therein lies the problem. Judging by the current patch offering of a modest XP bonus for grouping, I don't think GGG is comprehending how profound some players' aversion is to competitive loot. Losing an upgrade because you didn't click in the right place, got tangled up in monsters, or simply lagged/desynced isn't fun. Feeling like you can't chill out and kill monsters because you have to watch every single thing that drops isn't fun. You mention bots and I doubt GGG will be able to keep them under control as easily as you seem to think.

A little IIQ bonus or extra XP is nowhere near enough to offset the aggravation of fighting other players for loot. GGG would have to pretty much break the single-player game to get some of us into groups under a FFA/competitive loot system.
Open beta is still BETA.
Última edição por MorriganGrey em 11 de nov de 2012 18:49:45
I'd like to see a system where whomever creates the party sets a loot timer. With my real life friends I play with I would turn the timer off if I could. But when paired with random other people I find it way too short and it makes partying highly unattractive.
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional