Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
SuperDeathLord escreveu:
nope.. i just read an article about POE hitting 5 million users.

This poll shows what a few hundred care about a SFL?

total waste of time/money.

It ain't gonna happen so.. QQ on

5 Million users and < 50k are actually playing. BTW, this is my own estimate.. could be more, could be less.. point however, is that 5 mill means nothing if 4 million are botters/dupe accounts and even further meaningless if a fraction of that are actually playing.

Many players want a SFL.. you're dumb or intentionally being ignorant if you don't wish to recognize this.

Última edição por Denezen em 31 de mar de 2014 16:56:42
i would love a SFL or offline play

but i understand GGG is losing alot of players from new content not being so great
"
lolbam escreveu:
i would love a SFL or offline play

but i understand GGG is losing alot of players from new content not being so great

To be fair, GGG is making the game that they want to make, which is what their mission has been all along.

That being considered, if you make a game which cators to the most "hardcore" players, as they've claimed, and do so by using things like one-shot mechanics then they should expect that they will alienate many casual players who will abandon the game and move on to something else.

When a game fails to be fun and becomes a chore, people will only go for so long. Even new content will not be enough if the core game is too challenging or lacks excitement and is too boring.

Unfortunately I think GGG cators a bit too much to the hardcore crowd, and as such will see the playerbase shrink because of it.
This doesn't make it a bad game or anything.. just makes it inaccessible for a large amount of users who don't have the time or will to grind it out for minimal reward or benefit.
i wont play but im all for more option.

More option, more player ... more player more budget for the game
[2.3]InfernalBlow FaceBreaker - 11 Grand Spectrum - 118K DPS - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1699600
[2.5]Occultist - Blight - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1814013
Designer of Warden's Brand - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Warden%27s_Brand
Updated poll results for 3 April. The voting trend seems to have settled as the %'s haven't changed materially in quite a while.
Voted. The possibility of POE's character building depth married to a loot system NOT built on trading, is enticing.
It's always the exact same arguments against SFL/droprate increases and they are always the most baseless, least thought out, worthless contributions to the discussion. Yet, people bring them up, every time either of said things are mentioned.

1. The Blue Item Argument:
You can beat Super Mario without the Fireflower/Cape/Racoon Suit/Hammer Suit/Star too. You can beat Megaman without Capsules. You can beat FF7 without Knights of the Round or Max Level. You can beat Mario Kart without items.
Just because something isn't required doesn't mean it isn't fun to pursue. The SFL/Droprate increase isn't to beat the game, it's to enjoy the core function of an ARPG; making a powerful character.

2. People will just quit with all the item drops:
First off, no set number for droprate increase has ever been mentioned in these threads. Why is it assumed items will rain from the sky? You can increase droprates to make them somewhat reliable without shoving Kaom's down people's throats. This is the most annoying strawman.

Second, people are quitting anyways. The Skinner Box fails at either end of satiation. Worst case scenario, quitting from over-satiation will always be better than under-satiation because at least the sated will eventually get hungry again and return for more when new content is released, knowing they might be able to get it. Why would a starving player return to content they will never touch?

3. It will split the player base:
Player base is already split. Many people who do not want to trade are already not trading, or trading as little as possible. Moving them to a new league will do little in effecting anyone who wants to stay on standard as the other group is essentially already playing self-found. The difference is now both parties can enjoy the game how they want it.

4. This poll has like 2 voters:
The forums only account for an incredibly tiny portion of the player base. There will not be 5 million votes for the 5 million accounts.

5. If you don't like PoE, go play "X" game.
Funny enough, the people getting on the forums asking for the change actually like PoE a lot, else they wouldn't take the time to post. You can really like something, yet still have a negative experience due to some factor. They are trying to remove the fun-crippling factor to net enjoy the game again.

Ultimately, there isn't a single valid argument presented against the creation of a SFL. It's all the garbage listed above; garbage that a post like mine, addressing in absolution said horsepoop, is going to drown in because the people who post said poop are clinging in desperation for some reason.

SFL will not kill anyone who does not want it. In fact, it will likely not effect you. At all.
^agree completely.

Not sure why there are soooo many SFL haters out there. It does not effect them. I don't see any cutthroat hating threads. Isn't that also dividing the playerbase? lol.

Poorly thought out, regurgitated troll arguments based on piss poor logic and false assumptions is all we get. I've yet to hear an actual good reason not to have sfl. Especially with cutthroat league being added. The just play it anyhow argument is moot too with hardcore existence (why not just delete character after death).
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Lol i would like sfl but no increase in drop-rates or whatever, i play this already on a few characters and the game is perfectly viable without increasing drop-rates.

The only thing i dislike about that fact is that i am on the same ladder with people that do bypass RNG true trade.

Also why would GGG have to create a new league for this? It would be foolish and unecesery.

Give players the option in the character creation screen to cross a checkbox "sfl" dissabling trade and making al loot perma allocated for that character.

keep droprates where they are, but allow sfl people to compare themselves on a sfl ladder with other players testing the same feat.

I ran to act 3 mercilles on nemesis ladder with only 100hp from gear, so why exactly would we want to increase droprates when all you need is a leather belt and 2 rings that have 30hp implicit?....

I could understand the request for a seperate SFL ladder, but a whole new league for it? And an increase in droprates?...seriuesly nope.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I voted aswell for SFL. But i think they should reset Standard and HC leagues and make them both SFL. Now that would be challenge, to beat everything trough SF. i would leave trading option only in new 4 months leagues.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Última edição por Farystar em 3 de abr de 2014 15:59:58

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional