Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

Updated poll results. May close poll soon as voting trend seems to be quite stable for a while now.

Petrov.
"
Denezen escreveu:
"
SuperDeathLord escreveu:
nope.. i just read an article about POE hitting 5 million users.

This poll shows what a few hundred care about a SFL?

total waste of time/money.

It ain't gonna happen so.. QQ on

5 Million users and < 50k are actually playing. BTW, this is my own estimate.. could be more, could be less.. point however, is that 5 mill means nothing if 4 million are botters/dupe accounts and even further meaningless if a fraction of that are actually playing.

Many players want a SFL.. you're dumb or intentionally being ignorant if you don't wish to recognize this.

many players are also bad at the game and want it to be made into easy mode to let them 'win' without putting in the effort, doesnt mean its good for the game. I would imagine a large portion of the players who played Doom 2 were familiar with /giveall and /godmode, doesnt mean they should have made godmode the default way to play.

an SLF ladder would be far less skill based, player A cant find shit for his build, player B finds a bis chest, 600 dps mace, 6 links them with 10 fusing and he wins. It would be pure rng. A trade economy means players can balance what they find across all their drops and get the gear they need without it all riding on that one RNG drop. Being good at trade requires being good at the game, you have to understand items and to understand items you must understand builds. I know there are legit people who want an slf for whatever reason but I think 95% of the people calling for one are just latching on to something rather than getting better. Its easier just to pin it on something like desync, slf etc rather than putting in the effort to actually improve themselves, just discredit being good at the game and claim thats why you are not where you want to be, because something other than you is at fault.

Before this net multiplayer thing took hold we had vendors in towns who often had very good gear for a high price, now rather than vendors we can trade with each other, it's a far more immersive and legitimate way to deal with buying gear than having powerful gear from the vendor for a high price. I seriously cant understand peoples problem with it.
"
Snorkle_uk escreveu:
an SLF ladder would be far less skill based

Not at all.

In reality, players would need to learn to be more skillful in a sfl.

The difficulty in current leagues is easily overcome by simply buying overpowered gear using varying means.

You're using a void argument.

Arguing against alternate optional gameplay modes is ridiculous anyway.

Look at the upcoming hostile league for instance. Not my cup of tea from a personal perspective, and it's likely to divide some of the player base, but I will still support it because it's optional and some people will enjoy it.

No for SFL.

Yes for better drop rates. I can't play as much as this game requires to reach the ""end-game"". Poe drop rates are ridiculously poor.
"
Phrazz escreveu:
"
Yes it would. You can play SF as it is

You can, but the experience is rather lackluster.

Everyone KNOWS that when a game is centered around trading, drop rates are too. The drop rates in PoE is designed with trading in mind, forcing players to trade - IF they want to enjoy most of the things the games has to offer.

If you enjoy playing SF - AND have a life (you know, kids, girlfriends, family etc.), you can forget about 5L, crafting and end game maps.

I just don't understand why GGG aren't interested in keeping that player base, because it's a big player base. We HAVE leagues. So why not? Give players a choice.

"
Reizoko escreveu:
"
Phrazz escreveu:
If you enjoy playing SF - AND have a life (you know, kids, girlfriends, family etc.), you can forget about 5L, crafting and end game maps.

That's bullshit. I work fulltime, play selffound and I'm doing maps and have a 5L in Invasion.
The problem is not that you can't get there. The problem is that you expect to get there as fast as someone who plays 10 hours a day.

I have to agree with Reizoko on this one. As I have said in another post on this matter, I see no need for a SFL to be established when everything for those players already exists on the current servers. Just dont trade and just like that you are now playing SFL. I will admit that it would be nice for players to turn on a flag or something so they can compare themselves against other SF players, but essentially from what I can see most of the players wanting a SFL only want this with jacked up drop rates. Essentially, they want to get all the great gear w/out having to put in the time. If you really want to play SF then you should realize that end game gear is going to take a LONG time of farming to get since you dont want to trade. Thats just my 2 cents on this matter.
"
Terrornoid escreveu:

Ultimately, there isn't a single valid argument presented against the creation of a SFL. It's all the garbage listed above; garbage that a post like mine, addressing in absolution said horsepoop, is going to drown in because the people who post said poop are clinging in desperation for some reason.

Good post and had some good thought out responses to alot of the arguments against SFL, however I did not see a single post that showed why putting time and effort into making a whole new league would benefit the server?

The only thing I have seen was a couple players saying that it would allow you to compare your SF toon with others SF toons. I can understand that. What many people (myself included) have a hard time with is that there is so much that needs to be done on this game. Balancing issues, desync problems, alt+f4, exiles to ramped up, drop rates, and tons of other issues that are brought up in these threads every day. Yet, a small minority (yes, minority since this game has well over 100,000 players and 670 voted on this matter) thinks we should dedicated money and resources into making a SFL for them when pretty much everything but the ladder exists already.

So, Ultimately there isnt a single valid argument present for the creation of a SFL either.
Última edição por dogghaus em 14 de abr de 2014 15:07:00
"
Boem escreveu:
Lol i would like sfl but no increase in drop-rates or whatever, i play this already on a few characters and the game is perfectly viable without increasing drop-rates.

The only thing i dislike about that fact is that i am on the same ladder with people that do bypass RNG true trade.

Also why would GGG have to create a new league for this? It would be foolish and unecesery.

Give players the option in the character creation screen to cross a checkbox "sfl" dissabling trade and making al loot perma allocated for that character.

keep droprates where they are, but allow sfl people to compare themselves on a sfl ladder with other players testing the same feat.

I ran to act 3 mercilles on nemesis ladder with only 100hp from gear, so why exactly would we want to increase droprates when all you need is a leather belt and 2 rings that have 30hp implicit?....

I could understand the request for a seperate SFL ladder, but a whole new league for it? And an increase in droprates?...seriuesly nope.

110% agree with this. This would be a fix that would take very little time and money to implement and allow SF players to be able to compare themselves to other SF players. The people saying they need the higher drop rates in order to complete the game content are crazy. Sure, its MUCH harder with self found only, but is that not the point? You dont need Kaoms or special items to be able to beat the normal game content and even most the early map material. You just need some decent to mid range gear, some skill, and alot of patience.
"
Snorkle_uk escreveu:
many players are also bad at the game and want it to be made into easy mode to let them 'win' without putting in the effort

This fits exactly the description of anyone that buys his gear off of poe.xyz. It just doesn't get any easier than that and you can get insane gear in a small fraction of time.
Drop rates are fine. I play solo and on average find at least one useful item every day.

But I absolutely hate having to trade for end game access. Progressively increasing difficulty would be better limiter than the RNG/currency dump map system we got.
Última edição por cavantese em 14 de abr de 2014 15:34:25
"
"
Snorkle_uk escreveu:
an SLF ladder would be far less skill based

Not at all.

In reality, players would need to learn to be more skillful in a sfl.

individual players yes, but the competitive nature of the ladder would be far less skill based, who got to lvl100 first would have far less to do with skill and far more to do with rng than in the current ladders, which are open to anyone who cares to know what theyre doing.

"
glh5 escreveu:
"
Snorkle_uk escreveu:
many players are also bad at the game and want it to be made into easy mode to let them 'win' without putting in the effort

This fits exactly the description of anyone that buys his gear off of poe.xyz. It just doesn't get any easier than that and you can get insane gear in a small fraction of time.

to trade for gear you need something to trade with of equal worth, so to get insane items you need insane items, yes these are easy to come by, so whats the fuss about? Why do we need a new league for sf? It boils down to people want EVEN MORE stuff to drop to make it even easier. Theyre not going self found to challenge themselves, they can do that in the existing leagues, they want to go self found because they dont want to man up and learn the game to the point where they can trade efficiently but they want the same op gear that people who put that effort in have.

Is self found harder? yes. Whats a self found league? A league where self found has been made easier than it is in the normal game for people who want to fly the sf flag but dont have the extra difficulty that comes with it.

I dont buy it, sounds like a noob league, a big flashing sign saying 'hey you get mroe drops in this league' that will suck up all the new players and then leave them in a single player game that will fade in a few weeks just like torchlight, dragon age, all the other self found, single player games that litter our shelves. Its a noob trap that will suck up noobs and leave them in a shallow, meaningless game with little longevity. Its just bad for the game in general and I think GGG are well aware of that.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional