Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

I play pretty much exclusively self found. I have traded with the community at large maybe 5 or 6 times since closed beta. When I am not playing self-found, it is with a group of friends and we arnt 'trading' as much as we are allocating the loot to the person that needs it. Pretty much the only thing that would change for me in a self-found league is I wouldnt be able to play the way I play with my friends.

It would be very much like diablo 3, in that I do eventually find a great piece of loot for 'barbarian', but I am playing witch doctor, and i just happen to be by myself, so it basically could have dropped me a forgotten soul, and it would have been exactly the same. Lame, dumb, and boring that I cant give that excellent drop to my barbarian friend.

I feel like a gentle bump in orb drops for all leagues is more in line with what the 'self found' players really want. And I tend to agree that gently bumping the currency drops might be the better solution for all involved, as it will change trading but not wreck it, and will allow some self-founders to actually have enough to finish a craft.

I would suggest a gentle bump in currency drops starting in act 3 cruel (if possible) and implement a test world between seasons with a skeleton of upcoming mechanics and the ability to spawn in top tier gear to give further testing of upcoming content and a release for players itching to try a decked out character.
Hey...is this thing on?
"
Snorkle_uk escreveu:
to trade for gear you need something to trade with of equal worth, so to get insane items you need insane items, yes these are easy to come by, so whats the fuss about? Why do we need a new league for sf? It boils down to people want EVEN MORE stuff to drop to make it even easier.

[removed by support]. Look at your own situation and how filthy easy it is to gear up in a new league. If it is a problem that the game is to easy then TRADING MUST STOP right now. But apparently it's not a problem, because trading is still fine. However I must say that GGG already partly caught on. They want to stop trading from old leagues to new leagues. Which indicates that they see trading as an issue.

Even simple items that are not insanely priced such as maligaros or chayula are hard to come by for a SF player. You can easily play 500 of hours and not find such items. Whereas if you're a xyz-er you can buy these build-enabling items in the first week of a new league. I know this from first-hand experience. [removed by support]

TRADE LEAGUE = NOOB LEAGUE
Última edição por Jared_GGG em 14 de abr de 2014 16:19:59
inb4 one of the next 4 month league is SF and 80% of the player base quits.
IGN: Ziggro
- http://tinyurl.com/OblivionGuildPoe - Guilda BR Focada nas challenge leagues de 3 meses Softcore
-Discord BR- https://discord.gg/0qYDwEEl3e5xGaUU

lol, i dunno waht this guy was saying or who reported it but support, its fine I cna laugh off whatever hes saying. More censorship of people accusing top players of rmt against the name and shame policy, no need to protect the likes of me from a few insults, I went to shcool, Ive heard it all before.

"
glh5 escreveu:
"
Snorkle_uk escreveu:
to trade for gear you need something to trade with of equal worth, so to get insane items you need insane items, yes these are easy to come by, so whats the fuss about? Why do we need a new league for sf? It boils down to people want EVEN MORE stuff to drop to make it even easier.

[removed by support]. Look at your own situation and how filthy easy it is to gear up in a new league. If it is a problem that the game is to easy then TRADING MUST STOP right now. But apparently it's not a problem, because trading is still fine. However I must say that GGG already partly caught on. They want to stop trading from old leagues to new leagues. Which indicates that they see trading as an issue.

Even simple items that are not insanely priced such as maligaros or chayula are hard to come by for a SF player. You can easily play 500 of hours and not find such items. Whereas if you're a xyz-er you can buy these build-enabling items in the first week of a new league. I know this from first-hand experience. [removed by support]

TRADE LEAGUE = NOOB LEAGUE

Ya, u can wait forever for the eye, so what are you asking for? A league where the people at the top of the ladder got the lucky rng Eye amulet drop and the lower players are lower because rng says no? Or are you asking for a league where unique onyx amulets fall from the sky in piles every map so everyone can be a winner? both sound pretty lame to me.

I got a lot of respect for self found players, Anuhart did this game purely self found and he smashed it, his gear was every bit as op as my gear and he worked like a mofo to get it. He did it because he wanted to make the game harder, wanted to make the game last longer. I got all the respect in the world for players like that.

But thats not what sfl is about, he did that in standard league, anyone can do it in any league. Sfl is about having a league where the game is as easy as it is for traders, but without having to actually understand the game on the level you need to in order to get ahead with trading. Trading isnt easy in this game, knowing the value of an item isnt easy, it takes a time investment and a lot of knowledge, sfl is about making the game that easy for everyone, removing all of the depth and dynamics involved in the barter trade system so that noobs can bypass all the knowledge required to be good at trading and just have it all for simply turning up.

You are constantly pushing two false statements...

It is not about having it easy/easier.
PoE does not have a barter based economy.

At least the "community will split up" type of statement is not here on the last page or two.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Can we please close this and every other SFL thread?!
Stoutarm

Guildleader: JESUSWEPT (JESUS†)
"
ziggro escreveu:

Why exactly would 80% of the player base quit because one of the 4 month leagues is self found?

"
Stoutarm escreveu:

Do you really want that kind of censorship on the forums? I would think players would want GGG to allow any discussion thats within the rules.
Standard Forever
Última edição por iamstryker em 14 de abr de 2014 17:17:08
Voted.
"
Snorkle_uk escreveu:
sfl is about making the game that easy for everyone,

Removing trading makes the game easy for everyone? Your trying to argue that trading is what adds difficulty to the game?

Now I've heard everything.

"
Snorkle_uk escreveu:

removing all of the depth and dynamics involved in the barter trade system so that noobs can bypass all the knowledge required to be good at trading and just have it all for simply turning up.

I can hardly fathom how you can call people who don't like to trade "noobs". Trading IMO isn't really playing the game. I honestly find it sad how far people can get by trading/flipping instead of actually playing the game. If you put down RNG and finding loot then to me your putting down path of exile. Path of exile would still be path of exile without trading.
Standard Forever
Última edição por iamstryker em 14 de abr de 2014 17:24:38
"
iamstryker escreveu:
"
ziggro escreveu:

Why exactly would 80% of the player base quit because one of the 4 month leagues is self found?

"
Stoutarm escreveu:

Do you really want that kind of censorship on the forums? I would think players would want GGG to allow any discussion thats within the rules.

SFL has been denounced and will not be created. It is a waste of time to keep begging and begging.

If the next league, specifically the softcore league, is SF, then nobody will play it. Why would I not want to be able to share my gear and drops with the dozen or so friends I know in REAL LIFE that play this game with me? Or Why would I not want my GUILD have access to my extra drops and gear. If you little boys do not want to share, or can't handle having your orb stolen, then stop playing with others.

PoE's design is perfect, the execution leaves some to be desired in very small parts. You horde of pathetic changebys want this beautiful game and it's design to be slaughtered for your own benefit. Why doesn't GGG just give you all your first Exalted orb each and then maybe you all will shut up.
Stoutarm

Guildleader: JESUSWEPT (JESUS†)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional