Some invaders overnerfed? Post your experiences

"
Alhoon escreveu:
Number of players on Invasion was never a problem, trading was good, economy was sold and progression was ongoing. If people switched to Ambush, then maybe that's the right league for them. I'd never in a million years go from "real challenge" league to "open box, receive free loot" league. And that's not even touching the issue of it being non-hardcore. I guess the game has gotten too popular for it's own good, with fast food generation making demands. As long as GGG doesn't listen, all is well.

Not really, i leveled around 10 chars, after the first month the people playing decreased a lot. I can find barely 1-2 party while leveling. This were supposed to be the best hc league till now but yes failed, and its good that Chris is aware of it. The new balance with yesterday patch doesn't matter at all now.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
Alhoon escreveu:
Number of players on Invasion was never a problem, trading was good, economy was sold and progression was ongoing. If people switched to Ambush, then maybe that's the right league for them. I'd never in a million years go from "real challenge" league to "open box, receive free loot" league. And that's not even touching the issue of it being non-hardcore. I guess the game has gotten too popular for it's own good, with fast food generation making demands. As long as GGG doesn't listen, all is well.

Huh? This elitist attitude is a bit unwarranted. Its like I said earlier, GGG should release statistics of Invasion league for us to truly gauge how bad it was/is. I'm not sure about your experience, but the majority of folks I've played with in Invasion did not like it due to overtuned Invaders and progressing was a problem. Multiple times I've played when a whole group would leave the game when a tough Invader was present. That slowed down progression.

And what is wrong with the game being too "popular" for its own good? You think money shits from trees and GGG will magically support the game without a player base? If they had continued with Invasion without any nerf patches, people (hc/invasion players) would have been less inclined to playing the league or the game altogether.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Última edição por Catchafire2000 em 2 de mai de 2014 12:09:06
All of my deaths in invasion have been to an invader, and yet I didn't want any nerfs (with exception of a new specific cases). I don't get a thrill anymore when I enter a map, even if it's a lvl77-78 map.
So far I like the rebalance. Things were way to hard before to me. As someone who is not in ultra-mega-amazing equipment they still tend to be dangerous, and I need to be careful. That snake with the proximity shield for example as a bow using ranger is horrific still. I got it in a corner and pummeled it with my weak arrows and had to drink all my potions and exit the game at ~1000 life because it was destroying me...the only other way I would be able to hurt it would be to spend a ridiculous amount of time lobbing poison arrows and traps at it, and running away and probably having to go back to town to refill potions because I certainly have to drink when I get the bleed effect.

tldr; I suck, nerfs are welcome :D
http://www.therainforestsite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=4
http://www.ecologyfund.com/ecology/_ecology.html
And My Giveaway Pages: http://glamlys.tumblr.com/
https://twitter.com/glamlys
https://discord.gg/zJ3UbT8MES
"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
Its like I said earlier, GGG should release statistics of Invasion league for us to truly gauge how bad it was/is.

While I agree, I must say don't hold your breath, as we never got Dom/Nem statistics either.

"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
I'm not sure about your experience, but the majority of folks I've played with in Invasion did not like it due to overtuned Invaders and progressing was a problem.

My experience? I had 7 friends playing at the eve of the new leagues, 2 on Invasion and 5 on Ambush. They all play Invasion now, and are more than happy about it. Maybe me and my friends are an odd one out, but again, my experience with trading contradicts this. I don't know about public parties since I never play those.

"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
Multiple times I've played when a whole group would leave the game when a tough Invader was present. That slowed down progression.

Slow progression is a very good thing, considering the league lasts for such a long time. On Nemesis, I was bored in a month and a half.

"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
And what is wrong with the game being too "popular" for its own good? You think money shits from trees and GGG will magically support the game without a player base? If they had continued with Invasion without any nerf patches, people (hc/invasion players) would have been less inclined to playing the league or the game altogether.

I suggest you take a look at developer manifestos about GGGs policy of how they plan to keep the game economically viable.

GGG have stated multiple times that they made PoE for niche "hardcore" market, and so far the decisions have been made according to that. Their business model is based on rather costly MTX and loyal customers who support the game over and over compared to usual F2P game which seek big audiences and quick cash grabs.
"
Alhoon escreveu:
"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
Its like I said earlier, GGG should release statistics of Invasion league for us to truly gauge how bad it was/is.

While I agree, I must say don't hold your breath, as we never got Dom/Nem statistics either.

"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
I'm not sure about your experience, but the majority of folks I've played with in Invasion did not like it due to overtuned Invaders and progressing was a problem.

My experience? I had 7 friends playing at the eve of the new leagues, 2 on Invasion and 5 on Ambush. They all play Invasion now, and are more than happy about it. Maybe me and my friends are an odd one out, but again, my experience with trading contradicts this. I don't know about public parties since I never play those.

"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
Multiple times I've played when a whole group would leave the game when a tough Invader was present. That slowed down progression.

Slow progression is a very good thing, considering the league lasts for such a long time. On Nemesis, I was bored in a month and a half.

"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:

I suggest you take a look at developer manifestos about GGGs policy of how they plan to keep the game economically viable.

GGG have stated multiple times that they made PoE for niche "hardcore" market, and so far the decisions have been made according to that. Their business model is based on rather costly MTX and loyal customers who support the game over and over compared to usual F2P game which seek big audiences and quick cash grabs.

+1

Thanks for the positive feedback. With all that said, I'm just happier with the current iteration of invasion than what was originally served. I consider myself to be of similar thinking to your friends, leaving you the odd one out :-P
"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
The league feels fun now... but folks like op tend to feel like they outsmarted ggg and somehow figured it out. There were push over invaders long before nerf.

I for one am happy with this balance. Let the idiots complain about missing one shot mechanics.

So you calling me idiot and "outsmarting" ggg? Nice logic there. Like I said earlier, some invaders needed nerf.

You have to understand not all players want easy game. Majority seems to want, thats why GGG made most of the invaders joke now. You got what you wanted. You won. We "idiots" lost.
And I never said one shots are ok. It just doesnt make any sense that this flameblast does 500 dmg in 74 map. Its telegraphed spell and you have plenty of time to get out of it.

If we follow same logic, Vaal smash should do 500 dmg too and map vaal maybe 1k.
"
Kullevi escreveu:
"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
The league feels fun now... but folks like op tend to feel like they outsmarted ggg and somehow figured it out. There were push over invaders long before nerf.

I for one am happy with this balance. Let the idiots complain about missing one shot mechanics.

So you calling me idiot and "outsmarting" ggg? Nice logic there. Like I said earlier, some invaders needed nerf.

You have to understand not all players want easy game. Majority seems to want, thats why GGG made most of the invaders joke now. You got what you wanted. You won. We "idiots" lost.

No offense intended.
"
Alhoon escreveu:
I'd never in a million years go from "real challenge" league to "open box, receive free loot" league.

Says someone who has never played Ambush. A strongbox with difficult mods is pretty much as deadly as the worst invaders (i.e. you will die in less than one second if taken unawares). I'm quite sure a lot of average tier HC-elitists will be dying to strongboxes when the 2-week hybrid league starts.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional