Some invaders overnerfed? Post your experiences

ITT: people saying invasion is a joke, but at the same time claiming you need 5k hp at lvl 20 and 95% all res or you are a glasscannon...

maaaaybeee this change will make more builds viable and not just the same 3 builds you see in every single party

i like the change, give me all your hate and noob comments!
ign HC: Arnold_Schwarzeneger
ign Nemesis: Svamp_i_fugen
"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
"
Kullevi escreveu:
"
Catchafire2000 escreveu:
The league feels fun now... but folks like op tend to feel like they outsmarted ggg and somehow figured it out. There were push over invaders long before nerf.

I for one am happy with this balance. Let the idiots complain about missing one shot mechanics.

So you calling me idiot and "outsmarting" ggg? Nice logic there. Like I said earlier, some invaders needed nerf.

You have to understand not all players want easy game. Majority seems to want, thats why GGG made most of the invaders joke now. You got what you wanted. You won. We "idiots" lost.

No offense intended.

No offense taken :)

I met this flameblast totem again in 76 map. Again it did 500 dmg. It did same dmg in merciless Tidal island when I was rushing my friend.. does this totem scale at all?

I also met leaping goat in 72 map, he can still burst some big dmg.
Spinesnap still does a billion damage, if you get cought. In fact, all the degen invaders are rather dangerous.

I dont really mind that much, or am asking for a nerf, im just saying that you still can get gibbed rather fast if you dont pay attention.

At least this rebalance made melee (without gear worth several exalts) more viable again.
Does the Junglemare have block change or huge physical dmg reduction? My melee runs ALWAYS out of mana vs him.

Found Inti of the blood moon in 76 map.. before I could not kill him with Reave. Now I just hold my right mouse button and killed all his adds and him too :P
I never played any video games, except stuff like space invaders, until last fall, I started with PoE.

Standard was cool, but I stagnated with my Templar at 70.
I didn't get over the hump to study other builds and improve the real problems.

After Charity League, I took a shot at Invasion....really, Hardcore, my nethers tighten up seriously at the thought of it. I still don't take dying all that well.

I am on my 10th Ranger in Invasion, and still haven't cracked into Merciless, though I died once in Cruel Caverns.

I keep a death journal, and learn from my mistakes. The trend is I am dying later and later in the story....as it should be...and I'm learning that I can leave NOTHING to chance, even the kind of players I party with.

Poe Invasion Corollary of Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong, you are dead, and living on luck.

I am becoming truly Paranoid, even though I'm a sloppy, intuitive, chaos loving individual. The game is changing my play style, and maybe even expanding my ability to operate in certain realms IRL.

My build theory will NEVER stagnate in HC, because the price of mediocrity is DEATH.

I Hate Invasion, and I LOVE it. Standard, and Ambush are OK, but no longer have the electricity and thrill of Hardcore, even though I'm a mediocre player. (like the "bring out your dead old guy" my motto is "I'm getting better")

Non-Hardcore is like bad sex. Sex is always good, but some is just to patch through to the really good stuff. Invasion is the High Maintenance, Bitchy Partner who knows EXACTLY where to stick the knife or the sharp tongue, and always leaves you, beneath the ache and agony of your wounds, hungry for more.

Bring it on.

If you think they are too easy then just take off all your gears and kill him naked. This shouldn't be a problem for them being too easy anymore.
"
I never played any video games, except stuff like space invaders, until last fall, I started with PoE.

Standard was cool, but I stagnated with my Templar at 70.
I didn't get over the hump to study other builds and improve the real problems.

After Charity League, I took a shot at Invasion....really, Hardcore, my nethers tighten up seriously at the thought of it. I still don't take dying all that well.

I am on my 10th Ranger in Invasion, and still haven't cracked into Merciless, though I died once in Cruel Caverns.

I keep a death journal, and learn from my mistakes. The trend is I am dying later and later in the story....as it should be...and I'm learning that I can leave NOTHING to chance, even the kind of players I party with.

Poe Invasion Corollary of Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong, you are dead, and living on luck.

I am becoming truly Paranoid, even though I'm a sloppy, intuitive, chaos loving individual. The game is changing my play style, and maybe even expanding my ability to operate in certain realms IRL.

My build theory will NEVER stagnate in HC, because the price of mediocrity is DEATH.

I Hate Invasion, and I LOVE it. Standard, and Ambush are OK, but no longer have the electricity and thrill of Hardcore, even though I'm a mediocre player. (like the "bring out your dead old guy" my motto is "I'm getting better")

Non-Hardcore is like bad sex. Sex is always good, but some is just to patch through to the really good stuff. Invasion is the High Maintenance, Bitchy Partner who knows EXACTLY where to stick the knife or the sharp tongue, and always leaves you, beneath the ache and agony of your wounds, hungry for more.

Bring it on.

Very much enjoyed that read, props for your attitude.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I mostly preferred invasion the way it was before the nerfs because it actually affected the way I was playing the game. I had to figure out new ways to counter the incredible danger the invaders posed. This involved using new combinations of abilities that I had never had to use before as well as even making a completely new class of builds. All to counter the problems these invaders posed.

Now it's back to the way it was before invasion where I hardly need to care anymore. One thing about the nerfs I did like however was the reduction of their overall health. The fights lasted way too long before and contributed to the urge to skip some of them.

Some nerfs may have been needed (for examle Ossecati since he had a tendency to cause instant desync rips) but overall now I feel it was too much. Some of them are still dangerous but mostly because most of them now are so bad that I stopped being careful. And if it is one thing that has killed me a lot in this game it is being sloppy and making stupid decisions.

One thing I've been wondering about is that I've heard a lot of people complaining about is that having to skip some invaders is bad. But I just don't see it, I mean must you really be able to overcome every obstacle you encounter no matter the specific strengths of your current build or skill setup? Is it really so bad to fail sometimes and realize that you probably need to come up with some new idea to counter something?

No invader before the nerfs were impossible to kill, you just needed to put some effort in to counter the particular threat that one posed. For which you needed knowledge about their specific mechanics. This knowledge was obtained by engaging them very carefully and being ready to react for anything. Overall I feel that invasion actually rewarded you for being careful and trying out different ways to do something. I just can't see why this is bad.

I really don't think Invasion was a mistake. It was the best experience I've ever had in PoE. But I guess I'm the minority, not much I can do about that.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional