Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

As a newb planning to use this, I'd also love more of an explanation of how EB works & how we're using our auras, unless I missed it somewhere (haven't read through the leveling section yet).

I saw someone mention for another build starting a Scion, killing Hillock, and running into town just to get an Onslaught gem (and then making the "real" Witch character) - is that a good idea here, or are the blue support gems better for this build early on?

Also, I'm assuming we're not using Arcane Surge support anymore because EB messes with it...?
Hey all,
what happened to the what to the upgrade order Guide? In the changelog it says it got replaced by a cheat-sheet, but I can't find it anywhere. Am I just blind or is it not in the guide anymore?
"
Kopeeh escreveu:
Hey all,
what happened to the what to the upgrade order Guide? In the changelog it says it got replaced by a cheat-sheet, but I can't find it anywhere. Am I just blind or is it not in the guide anymore?

wait untill league start-
Now that Arc is dead - consider checking out Storm Brand
I am a Mirror, I do not exist.
@Enki I assume you are aware of the fact that the talent tree on pathofexile.com is not yet updated for 3.6. The path you chose doesn't modify any with the new tree but still worth noting.

"
elhigg86 escreveu:
Are we able to use all of those auras simultaneously? It looks like they would reserve well over 100% mana
I was wondering that as well how Enki planned on resolving the issue. We're reserving 120% mana in skills but have 18% reduced mana reservation. The formula would look like:
  • .50 * .82 = .41
  • .35 * .82 = .29
  • .35 * .82 = .29
  • Total Reservation = 99% reservation

• I'm not entirely sure I think Discipline will be very effective. You reserve a large chunk of mana, and Enki had to invest 6 passives into obtaining it.

"
    lordfalco1 escreveu:
    why did u drop the sceptres? i dislike the movement skill for daggers so much and rpeffered leap slam. so im curious why the sceptres got dropped as an option.
    is the damage of it that much lower suddnely? i though they were stronger.
    As someone mentioned earlier, scepters were mostly a "bridge" piece between leveling and daggers, and Enki dropped much of the excess to simplify the build. Also, with the minimum crit chance dropped to 0%, we cannot necessarily rely on 5% crit with daggers if controlled destruction ends up as part of the build. I think it will since Unleash favors slower, harder hitting spells, and we attack rapidly. Granted, that is all dependent on how it functions with Spell Echo.

"
    Dead? I think it's stronger. Just because the gem itself got a small nerf, doesn't make the build dead. The support gems alone more than makes up for the damage.
    Última edição por Aldonés em 7 de mar de 2019 20:31:31
    "

Arc isn't dead. Arc Mines sure, but Arc in general - no.

The biggest nerf to Arc is that the chain-distance is cut in half, but the hand-cast distance remains intact along with the number of chains Arc can make. That means the moment-to-moment feel and overall power when hand-casting Arc should be mostly the same, but the spell doesn't have such a rediculously long reach with it's chains any more.

Aside from that, the spell-power of Arc was reduced a little per-cast, but casting speed and mana cost were also reduced. That means you'll be able to get slightly more castings of Arc in a given length of time which should keep the DPS approximately the same.

Besides, this build does already make use of Storm Brand, at least during the levelling phase if not beyond. From what I've been able to gather, Storm Brand has been hit with much bigger nerfs than Arc, so it wouldn't be a good idea to switch over to that as your primary damage dealer.

Enki knows what he's doing, so if he thinks his build is viable for 3.6, it probably almost certainly is. He's not trying to make literally the most powerful build for the league, just something that's beginner and SSF-friendly, which can clear all content ie. what it says in the title.

If you think you can put-together a better build, which doesn't use Arc, and is heavily based around Stormbrand then you're more than welcome to try.
    Última edição por Pobatti em 7 de mar de 2019 20:52:56
    If I understand Vaal Auras correctly, we should only be reserving 85% mana at most. The build is using Vaal Grace, and I think it'll only reserve mana when using the regular skill. I'm new to the game and haven't tried it yet, but figured it was worth pointing out
    "
    elhigg86 escreveu:
    If I understand Vaal Auras correctly, we should only be reserving 85% mana at most. The build is using Vaal Grace, and I think it'll only reserve mana when using the regular skill. I'm new to the game and haven't tried it yet, but figured it was worth pointing out

I think the aura's are (without the reductions):
    wrath 50%
    discipline 35%
    enfeeble (due to blasphemy support) 35%
    But I agree on your assesment of only grace reserving the mana, not the vaal grace.

On a different note:
    I was wondering about the hired killer lifenodes (14% max life, 20life on kill and 10dex in 4 nodes). Why do we use these over the ones at cruel preparation (20% max life, 5 all res and 10 int in 4 nodes)?

Also thanks for the great guide, served me very well last league and will be following it again this one!
    So Vaal Grace does not reserve mana. From the Blasphemy Support gem, I'm thinking Enfeeble will be another 35% reserved. Discipline + Enfeeble + Wrath is still over 100% reserved.

Since betrayal ended I've spent all my currency to try different builds and pick something for Synthesis. Each time I've run into this same problem of not being able to use all the auras. There is no Essence Worm listed. What am I missing in this build?

Would greatly appreciate if a knowledgeable player can explain, and/or confirm that this aura setup works
    "
    elhigg86 escreveu:
    So Vaal Grace does not reserve mana. From the Blasphemy Support gem, I'm thinking Enfeeble will be another 35% reserved. Discipline + Enfeeble + Wrath is still over 100% reserved.

Since betrayal ended I've spent all my currency to try different builds and pick something for Synthesis. Each time I've run into this same problem of not being able to use all the auras. There is no Essence Worm listed. What am I missing in this build?

Would greatly appreciate if a knowledgeable player can explain, and/or confirm that this aura setup works

It is explained 4 posts above yours...

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional