News of the horrific shooting is making its way to the US.

so how did he get the guns? i know these things happen all the time in america but i thought we were safe in countries like NZ,is NZ the same with gun laws as america?
Legally, with a firearms license. This will probably result in a review of background check requirements for obtaining a firearms license, and the prohibition of semi-automatic weapons outside of special circumstances.

It's considerably different from the US in several ways, as you need a license to own firearms at all; firearms are not legally allowed to be used for self-defense (however in some circumstances you may be acquitted for doing so); and the laws may be strengthened rapidly because gun ownership is perceived as a privilege, not a right.
Última edição por Bk老虎 em 16 de mar de 2019 17:40:04
"
so how did he get the guns? i know these things happen all the time in america but i thought we were safe in countries like NZ,is NZ the same with gun laws as america?

Bad guys dont play by the rules. Its the same everywhere.
"
Chadwixx escreveu:
"

Bad guys dont play by the rules. Its the same everywhere.

well in america anyone can just walk into a gun store and buy guns,so they are playing by the rules,that's why so many mass shootings happen there,but in NZ this was the first i think,so i guess he got the guns illegally and there must be some gun laws there
Última edição por Lyutsifer665 em 16 de mar de 2019 17:50:08
It's not the first, but the last one was about 29 years ago.
This is what you get with hate speech against Muslims so prevalent in Western world. Even our president bans Muslims. Sad you can't even go to a house of worship without feeling scared.
Git R Dun!
"

well compare that to america,at least a few happen every year. i'm sure this will tighten up the security in NZ, unlike in america where nobody gives a F so the shootings will keep happening
"
"

well compare that to america,at least a few happen every year. i'm sure this will tighten up the security in NZ, unlike in america where nobody gives a F so the shootings will keep happening

Guns are not at issue. You can do all sort of harm without them. Like ISIS/Tim McVey and others builds truck bombs among other things. Issue is hate speech and avenue for it like whole internet. I'd ban all those hate mongers he listed for one thing.
Git R Dun!
Última edição por Aim_Deep em 16 de mar de 2019 18:12:17
"
Aim_Deep escreveu:
This is what you get with hate speech against Muslims so prevalent in Western world. Even our president bans Muslims. Sad you can't even go to a house of worship without feeling scared.

Nominally yeah, and doubtless the travel ban is supposed to appease the portion of the population who are scared of Muslims. But that ban only affects countries perceived as hostile to the US, and leaves out the ones where the vast majority of terrorists who operated in the US came from. It appears to discriminate against a certain religion but it's actually just a matter of convenience.

What would you call 'virtue-signalling' when the thing you're trying to convince everyone you're doing is not virtuous, I wonder?
Not my Ideology, my Ideology is a Ideology of Peace

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional