[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Low Tolerance buffs - at least in this build - the dmg only slightly and is not really necessary. It is good for clear though. It only refers to the very first attack, so since we use the poison proliferation to clear packs it helps our clearspeed in dense and hard environments. On bosses we ramp up our damage with a lot of poison stacks, and only one with 300% increased damage doesn´t do too much for us.

You're not thinking of the way around that for low tolerance. It's complicated and I've posted a sort of build on reddit, but you could ultimately stack low tolerance Jewels and create a non-ramping poison build. I'm not suggesting it for this build. Either way though, the proliferation is what is key for a pathfinder. That's why vaal breach is a good idea.

"
No, it doesn´t. I play this build completely and exclusively on Viper Strike since in my humble opinion it is far superior to Pestilent Strike and I never use Growing Agony. Yes, it buffs our single Target DPS through the roof. But it costs one jewel slot and we are very limited on those if we follow the standard tree. On one of those you want to get your watchers eye, on one I personally love picking up an abyssal jewel to get corrupted blood immunity and then you have one spot left. Since Viper strike is already one of the hardest-hitting single target spells and outclasses Pestilent Strike by a mile I rather pick up utility. Stat-Fixing, Resistance-Fixing, Onslaught on kill, Attackspeed, Poison damage over time multiplier... there are plenty of interesting and useful things we can get and - at least in the endgame - you really don´t need the extra-damage. At a season-start its a good pickup though.

I only think of it in terms of maximum potential damage. So, if you need jewel sockets, then path for a cluster jewel and go that way. At a certain point, attack speed doesn't help as much anyways compared to Chaos Dot. With the proliferation, why wouldn't you use the jewel?! If you'd use Vaal Breach, and melee splash (even though I know people hate it and it needs a rework), you could end up with a lot of increased damage.

In the End-game, End-game, you need everything you can get. But Idk how viper strike would really hold up delving and what not.
"
Vennto escreveu:
"
I'm also experimenting with some low tolerance concept builds which I think would ultimately be the highest poison damage in the game maybe

Low Tolerance buffs - at least in this build - the dmg only slightly and is not really necessary. It is good for clear though. It only refers to the very first attack, so since we use the poison proliferation to clear packs it helps our clearspeed in dense and hard environments. On bosses we ramp up our damage with a lot of poison stacks, and only one with 300% increased damage doesn´t do too much for us.

"
And the viper strike build needs the growing agony jewel

No, it doesn´t. I play this build completely and exclusively on Viper Strike since in my humble opinion it is far superior to Pestilent Strike and I never use Growing Agony. Yes, it buffs our single Target DPS through the roof. But it costs one jewel slot and we are very limited on those if we follow the standard tree. On one of those you want to get your watchers eye, on one I personally love picking up an abyssal jewel to get corrupted blood immunity and then you have one spot left. Since Viper strike is already one of the hardest-hitting single target spells and outclasses Pestilent Strike by a mile I rather pick up utility. Stat-Fixing, Resistance-Fixing, Onslaught on kill, Attackspeed, Poison damage over time multiplier... there are plenty of interesting and useful things we can get and - at least in the endgame - you really don´t need the extra-damage. At a season-start its a good pickup though.

Can I ask what your Viper Strike 6link consists of for mapping and then for bossing (if you switch out support)?
"
You're not thinking of the way around that for low tolerance. It's complicated and I've posted a sort of build on reddit, but you could ultimately stack low tolerance Jewels and create a non-ramping poison build. I'm not suggesting it for this build. Either way though, the proliferation is what is key for a pathfinder. That's why vaal breach is a good idea.

Rest assured, I know how poison works and I definately have the mental abilities to think of that. But - as I already pointed out and you even said it yourself - it is not for this build. If you want to have the biggest poison ever you would also grab a 2-hand-weapon, so we would not be dual-wielding, meaning a completely changed passive tree as well. And while ideas like that are perfectly fine, this is just not the place to argue them. Same goes for your comments like scourge arrow pathfinder. I mean, there are impale gladiators too, wanna talk about them as well here?

"
I only think of it in terms of maximum potential damage. So, if you need jewel sockets, then path for a cluster jewel and go that way. At a certain point, attack speed doesn't help as much anyways compared to Chaos Dot. With the proliferation, why wouldn't you use the jewel?!

Did you actually read what the jewel sais? 12% increased damage over time. 2% increased damage with poison for each each poison on the enemy. That means:

- If we kill something (possibly with low tolerance as well) the poison proliferation will kill everything else already.
- Since packs, even in the highest content available, die within 5-8 poison stacks, the maximum damage we reach is easily surpassed by a normal jewel with dot MULTI, generic damage and we can get additonal life on it. I also didn´t say it is bad. I just talked about my own experience and I don´t see it making such a big difference to prefer it over other jewels, at least for the build we are actually referring to.

"
In the End-game, End-game, you need everything you can get. But Idk how viper strike would really hold up delving and what not.

That´s the point, I do. And If you simply compare even Thorsteins PoB and put in Viper strike you´ll se that Viper does roughly the same dps as Pestilent on a 5 link with melee splash and more damage on a 6-link with melee phys. dmg. It also has better survivability because hitting with both claws at the same time increased your lifeleech. I delved the standard version of this build to around depth 550, did also 100% deli maps with it. And that was in 3.9, long before we even went into uber melee which is clearly stronger.
Última edição por Vennto em 14 de nov de 2020 18:50:38
"
Can I ask what your Viper Strike 6link consists of for mapping and then for bossing (if you switch out support)?

You want Viper Strike - Deadly Ailments - Vile Toxins - Multistrike - Added Chaos Damage - Melee Splash/Melee Physical Damage.

You don´t need the unbound ailments because the base duration on viper strike is considerably higher than on pestilent strike.
"
Vennto escreveu:
"

You want Viper Strike - Deadly Ailments - Vile Toxins - Multistrike - Added Chaos Damage - Melee Splash/Melee Physical Damage.

You don´t need the unbound ailments because the base duration on viper strike is considerably higher than on pestilent strike.

Imo you are right to some extent. This gem setup is optimal for most cases. But when you have some other source of flat chaos dmg like warpath, Unbound Ailments gets better the Added Chaos Damage.
Also with warpath Growing Agony will be a downgrade where ever you place it.
"
Kewa escreveu:
"
Vennto escreveu:
"

Imo you are right to some extent. This gem setup is optimal for most cases. But when you have some other source of flat chaos dmg like warpath, Unbound Ailments gets better the Added Chaos Damage.

Unbound Ailments will push poison duration to almost 10s, which is unrealistic that you will hit anything continuously in that time (to reach max dps) especially Sirus.
I'm not sure about setup with Replica Alberon's but Awakened added Chaos is op get that also gives +1 gem level to chaos gems.

"
Kewa escreveu:

Hi. Did you compose the Transcending version in standard? Cuz several alt-quality gems will fit the build pretty well. Anomalous Arctic Armor, Phantasmal Ancestral Protector, Anomalous Fortify, Anomalous Blood Rage and so on.

And thanks for the great guide

Yeah, all gems that i've used are standard ones. If you are playing in league use better alternate versions.
"
handark12 escreveu:
"
TorsteinTheFallen escreveu:
"
handark12 escreveu:

If the armor is 4,5 links, what should I do with the skill gem?

Which main skill?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you
Pestilent strike

Pestilent S. - Multi Strike - Added Chaos damage - Deadly Ailments - Vile Toxins
"
jakejjake escreveu:
"

Growing Agony for VS is kinda ok for bosses but nothing major rly. Good rare jewel with life seems like a better choice.

What's your idea with stacking Low Tolerance?

What I've thought that would work with Low Tolerance good is poison slammer since you will be hitting once or twice.

As for Vaal Breach, you have enough dps anyway, would be just waste of time.
Última edição por TorsteinTheFallen em 15 de nov de 2020 07:26:52
"
TorsteinTheFallen escreveu:
"
Kewa escreveu:
"
Vennto escreveu:

Unbound Ailments will push poison duration to almost 10s, which is unrealistic that you will hit anything continuously in that time (to reach max dps) especially Sirus.
I'm not sure about setup with Replica Alberon's but Awakened added Chaos is op get that also gives +1 gem level to chaos gems.

I'm playing with warpath. Just tried Awakened Unbound Ailments vs Awakened Added Chaos Damage in POB both lvl5. Looked up Poison DPS in calcs, which does not consider duration. For my crappy gear with ~1k STR:
Awakened Unbound Ailments - 74074 poison DPS.
Awakened Added Chaos Damage - 66554 poison DPS.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional