[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

why is viper better for single the PS?
opps 2x posted
Última edição por Whiteman007 em 27 de jan de 2021 02:53:08
"
GeistDawg escreveu:
So I've been stalking this thread and playing this build for the past two weeks.

I've played every variation. Venom Gyre / Cobra Lash, into Viper Strike and Pestilent Strike. It's been fun! Love Venom Gyre as a skill. Cobra lash is good too. Both lack single target I've found, especially into higher red maps.

Here is my gear:

Spoiler

I'm going to say once you have the currency you might as well switch right over to Transcendence/Militant Faith with Viper Strike. I use Pestilent Strike as my clear, switch in Viper for bosses.

It's a fucking tank. I have 4.2k life and in T16s I just stand still, pop my flasks, and slap mobs around. Highly, highly recommended. And it's not even remotely min-maxed yet. I need the enchant on the boots, the pantheon fully upgraded, a better Rumi's, Hunter Helmet, and more chaos res across gear.

So even without all of that but the core pieces (loreweave, step, timeless jewel, enough skill points at 91, decent gear) it's performing well above expectations.

Hey, ty for the feedback!

When you put all the pieces together and push the character thru a proper endgame shitstorm it will show it's real colors, which is yet for you to discover.
Have fun :)

"
Reazion escreveu:
Quick question regarding the transcendence version of the build, how important is the withering step enchant? Could you alternatively swap it for something else, or is it just miles better than any other option?

Mostly asking since finding a good evasion base helmet with the enchant is a bit of a pain.

Well it's important. 3 more instant Wither stacks a 18% more damage, with lvl21 Withering Step its 10 instant stacks. On bosses rest of 5 stacks are applied by Ancestor totems.

Evasion based helmet definitely adds to higher armour value but it's not mandatory, meaning you will be fine with Hubris Circlet if you can't find Evasion base or it's too expensive. Main problem with Int bases is high Int requirement!

"
BzyxXx escreveu:
Im using Pestilent Strike both for clear and bosses with awakened unbound. Change PS for VS on bosses like sirius, conqerors etc its huge dmg different?

Me too in general. It's not big dmg difference.

"
Whiteman007 escreveu:
why is viper better for single the PS?

Huh, well simple answer poison from VS last longer so you can stack up more poisons.

When considering endgame gear more complex one is they are about the same for the time span of lets say 4s constant stacking with little more damage on the VS.
Pestilent will hit it's damage ceiling faster while with VS you will be able to push it more.
Usually you don't have time to hit targets for the entire duration of the VS so it will feel the same or slightly better (Sirus blinks around etc. , lesser bosses you will kill in few sec.)
But, here is the catch. On the account of longer VS duration using "poison deal % damage faster" mods, duration of the skill "compresses", poisons become more potent and you get higher dps. PoB total damage stays the same which was mostly unrealistic to start with (lasts too long and PoB calculates full time of stacking), but real dps gets higher. That's when the VS really starts to take over the PS.

On bad gear VS will definitely be better because you won't have high damage and you will fully utilize it's native longer duration.

Hope this clears the dilemma a bit.

Craft on gloves "increased damage during any flask effect" work with poison?
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
"
BzyxXx escreveu:
Craft on gloves "increased damage during any flask effect" work with poison?

Works
Just completed The Feared
Spoiler
with the transcendence version. Thanks for the build again, was fun.
Última edição por Rechno em 27 de jan de 2021 09:10:12
This is only my second season so take this opinion with a grain of salt until someone smarter responds to it.

I think this guide should have the claw crafting updated for Harvest. Rerolling a claw with fossils in a 4 socket resonator is like 25+chaos a reroll (resonators are 20c, corroded is 5c), up from ~15+chaos a reroll last week. The harvest approach takes a lot of harvest depending on your luck. It may make sense to make an initial "ok" claw with fossils, then work on a better one as you accumulate harvest (though wasp nests can do red maps to farm harvest).

I think the best approach is get an elder base, start slamming deafening essence of zeal (~6 chaos) for a t0 attack speed.

From the slam you are looking for:
- A second and/or third suffix that you want
- Other suffixes removable via crafting
- Prefixes don't matter

Best suffixes are probably things like damage over time multi, crit multi, increased poison damage (I'm actually not sure what is best, PoB probably knows). You have a couple of options here. Remove the ones you don't want with harvest, add the ones you do. I think the easiest approach is to try to get dot multi, crit chance, or crit multi, then add another crit trying to get the one you missed. You could mess with filling prefixes and adding chaos to try to get % poison suffix, but not sure if its actually better than crit mods with all the % poison already in our build.

Once you have your suffixes, you blank the prefixes on the claw. You can use harvest "Reroll keeping suffixes" until you roll removable prefixes (elementals, physical, life). Then you add chaos twice, craft on chaos multi, and you're done.

For reference here is a claw I crafted a week ago using fossils as a starter:

Here is my current harvest project, just needs add chaos and benched for chaos multi:

I also have a question - what is the best quality for weapons, especially with Void Fangs? Is it accuracy, attack speed, or leave it as is? I'm playing cobra lash.
"
Jaizix escreveu:
This is only my second season so take this opinion with a grain of salt until someone smarter responds to it.

I think this guide should have the claw crafting updated for Harvest. Rerolling a claw with fossils in a 4 socket resonator is like 25+chaos a reroll (resonators are 20c, corroded is 5c), up from ~15+chaos a reroll last week. The harvest approach takes a lot of harvest depending on your luck. It may make sense to make an initial "ok" claw with fossils, then work on a better one as you accumulate harvest (though wasp nests can do red maps to farm harvest).

I think the best approach is get an elder base, start slamming deafening essence of zeal (~6 chaos) for a t0 attack speed.

From the slam you are looking for:
- A second and/or third suffix that you want
- Other suffixes removable via crafting
- Prefixes don't matter

Best suffixes are probably things like damage over time multi, crit multi, increased poison damage (I'm actually not sure what is best, PoB probably knows). You have a couple of options here. Remove the ones you don't want with harvest, add the ones you do. I think the easiest approach is to try to get dot multi, crit chance, or crit multi, then add another crit trying to get the one you missed. You could mess with filling prefixes and adding chaos to try to get % poison suffix, but not sure if its actually better than crit mods with all the % poison already in our build.

Once you have your suffixes, you blank the prefixes on the claw. You can use harvest "Reroll keeping suffixes" until you roll removable prefixes (elementals, physical, life). Then you add chaos twice, craft on chaos multi, and you're done.

For reference here is a claw I crafted a week ago using fossils as a starter:

Here is my current harvest project, just needs add chaos and benched for chaos multi:

I also have a question - what is the best quality for weapons, especially with Void Fangs? Is it accuracy, attack speed, or leave it as is? I'm playing cobra lash.

Ignoring the base, isn't your "starter" claw better than your "project" claw even if it had the elder mod and benched chaos multi? This build doesn't need crit/crit multi. so I don't see any upside there, and I doubt 5% IAS is going to make the 40% damage with poison.
Última edição por rand0m_taskk em 27 de jan de 2021 10:06:35
The build has perfect agony, why wouldn't you benefit from the crit stuff?

You can harvest the poison % suffix with a bunch of chaos rerolls with prefixes filled, just would take a while.
Última edição por Jaizix em 27 de jan de 2021 10:26:30
"
Jaizix escreveu:
The build has perfect agony, why wouldn't you benefit from the crit stuff?

As far as I'm aware (and I could be wrong here), you use Coralito's mainly for the poison duration, not perfect agony. I guess if you want to focus your gear etc around crit then you could do that, but having one item with crit (the claw) isn't really going to do much?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional